The client is a leading manufacturer and OEM of TDMoIP equipment
To develop an O&M Card with stringent access control and IP based access to replace a legacy microcontroller based card.
Challenges & Requirements:
1. The O&M Card should be form factor compatible with an existing card
2. It should feature SNMPv2 based alerts and device access.
3. The O&M Card should feature SSHv2, Telnet based consoles apart from RS232 and USB-Serial consoles
4. It should be easily customizable to over a dozen products each with a different SNMP MIB structure
5. The hardware should be cost-effective even for medium volume requirements
Thotakã designed and delivered a complete card and associated firmware based on the GNU\Linux operating system. The Linux PAM based access control was adapted to the much stringent access requirements. The hardware featured an ARM926-ejs based Microcontroller @ 398 MHz, DDR SDRAM and 2GB flash for secure logging. Thotakã also developed a scriptable net-snmp plugin that allows for fast MIB customization using a specially developed PC/Desktop based MIB creator.
The solution was rigorously tested with automation using GNU Expect.
Benefits & Outcome
1. Expertise on headless GNU\Linux application development, GNU\Linux internals, networking protocols ensured that the solution is architected correctly.
2. Thotaka's expert hardware team delivered a complex 400MHz processor based system on a compact 4-layer board with a fast turn-around time.
3. Expertise on automated testing ensured rich test-case creation and subsequently near hands-free testing
4. In-house hardware debug laboratory ensured fast board bring-up.
The delivered solution is a very versatile O&M card that found its way into over a dozen TDMoIP products offering a huge value-add to the end consumer.