Thotaka maintains a dedicated electronic CAD Bureau that supports any customer requirements apart from servicing the total product development needs .
The CAD Bureau also services the complete hardware engineering requirements of customers such as hardware architecture, expert advisory, Schematic Capture, PCB Layout, Bill-of-Material Optimization, Signal Integrity Analysis, Thermal Analysis, Test Fixture Development and Design for Manufacture.
Areas of Expertise:
1. Ultra low-noise and Mixed-Signal board design integrating Analog/IF Frontends and data convertors
2. Ultra high-speed: Upto 40Gbps on board for multiple XAUI. Design for PCI-Express Gen3, USB 3.0, AURORA, SATA and RapidIO
3. High speed parallel for DDR3 and memory like FPGA interfaces
4. Design using via-in-pad, ultra-fine pitch BGA and microvias
5. Fast prototype board development
6. DFT and DFM for volume production
The CAD Bureau uses the toolset from Mentor Graphics(unless otherwise specified by customer) the default tool-set is the following:
1. DxDesigner for Schematic entry
2. PADS Layout and High Speed Auto-router
3. HyperLynx Analog with EzWave for Simulation
4. HyperLynx LineSim for Pre-layout SI Analysis
5. HyperLynx BoardSim EXT with Post-layout SI Analysis
6. HyperLynx Thermal for Thermal Analysis